For The Brownies
- 750g of Sweet Potatoes peeled (about 3 medium)
- 18 Medjool Dates pitted
- 140ml of pure Maple Syrup
- 100g of Ground Almonds or Almond Flour
- 10g Beetroot Powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted Coconut Oil
- a pinch of Salt
- 150g of Ground Oats
- 8 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maca Powder
For The Toppings
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Nut Butter (Peanut, Almond or Cashew)
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Carob or Cacao Powder
- Half a teaspoon of Beetroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Himaylayan Salt
- If you are feeling adventurous add a pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1.Pre Heat your oven to 180C (fan) and blitz your oats until a smooth.
2.Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and place into a steamer for about fifteen to twenty minutes until soft. If you don’t have a steamer simply place in a colander over a pan of boiling water and cover with foil.
3. Place the date and sweet potatoes into your food processor and blend till smooth (I like mine a little bit chunky). Now is also a good time to add all the ingredients for your topping into a bowl and float in a pan of warm water so the coconut oil melts.
4. Get a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Now add your sweet potato and date mix and stir well, feel free to get your hands in and mix through roughly until you have a dough and all the chocolate has melted.
5. Get a baking tray approx 16 x 10 and line with greaseproof paper and trim the edges so it fits snug. Fill with your mix and spread out, I like to then score the mix for 16 brownies and place into the oven for about 45 mins. Keep checking and use a a skewer to check that they are cooked all the way through and now take out and leave to cool or place in the fridge for ten mins.
6. Go back to your topping mix and stir thoroughly and spread over your brownies. Sprinkle with chia seeds, goji berries, crushed pistachio or shelled hemp seeds for added goodness. Place back in the fridge for another 10 mins and then you are good to go. Enjoy….