- 8 medium sized carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (ends removed)
- 3 medium sized parsnip (peeled and chopped)
- 2 white onions (diced)
- 1 small red chili (finely chopped)
- one-inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 stock cubes
- Tin of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Place the Tbsp of coconut oil into a large soup pan and add your onions and garlic. Sweat on a low heat for 3-5minutes.
2. After a few minutes add your garlic ginger and chili.
3. Boil your kettle for step 6.
4. Add your cumin and turmeric to the pan and continue to stir.
5. Add your carrots, sweet potato and parsnip to the pan.
6. Place your stock cube into the pan and pour in your pre-boiled water.
7. Cover with the boiling water, two inches over vegetables.
8. Stir well and add the coconut milk.
9. Cover with lid and cook for 25 minutes.
10. After 25 minutes make sure the vegetables have become soft before liquidizing using a hand blend.
11. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.