This recipe comes from my love for a good old Spanish omelette, but I am also a huge fan of sweet potatoes, so I have combined the two. It’s really easy to make and you can play with the ingredients in terms of protein source and veggies, plus adding spices. I have added chicken as it’s the main protein we cook in my house and tend to have an organic chicken cooked and in the fridge which is really easy to add to this recipe. The main tip here is to make sure you keep your eyes on the cooking so you don’t burn the top. Let us know how you get along and send us your pictures! #coopersdigest #paleofrittata. Serves 2 Large Portions or 4 Sides.
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (peeled and grated using a cheese grater)
- 5 Stems of Long Broccoli (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 6 Eggs
- 250g Chicken Breast
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1. Put your frying pan on a medium heat. Peel your sweet potato and grate it into a bowl, chop your broccoli stems and onion.
2. Cut your chicken breast into strips and fry in your coconut oil on a medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Take out and put on a plate.
3. Now get some more coconut oil and add your finely chopped onion to the pan and brown off. Make sure your pan heat is not too high
4. Add your sweet potato strips, broccoli and your pre-cooked chicken to your onions and stir. Cook for 5-8 mins until sweet potato and broccoli are softened.
5. While your vegetables are stewing add your eggs to a mixing bowl and beat well and add a splash of water and season with your paprika and salt to taste.
6. Pour your beaten eggs into the pan and stir so it’s all mixed and put into the oven at 350 F.
7. When your eggs are cooked. Remove the pan from the oven, slice and serve.