In my house we go to town on Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day! Its messy, fun and also acceptable to throw food around the kitchen today…. oh and its officially a cheat day and serious carb load for all of you hitting the gym ;-) What started out as one simple batch of crepes for the kids has now turned into a full on pancake fest from Jamie Oliver's One Cup Pancakes (simple and awesome) to my own varieties of protein Crepes and PowerPancakes. I love to use my Nutribullit to make the batter and then simply place it in 3 different bowls and serve up whichever ones take your fancy. Also get your toppings ready here are my favourite recipes for your own pancake bonanza.
PANCAKE MAKING TIPS
- Make your batter in advance. Its much better to let your pancake batter settle as it will form better pancakes.
- Cook on a hot hob but not too hot as you need them to cook through.
- Pancake Flipping is all about commitment. Give it a good go and soon enough you will have it mastered.
- When to Flip? I love to turn them just after the small bubbles start to appear. If your pancake is not cooked enough on the original side then turn again to finish off. I like mine with a brown edge.
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice (Almond, cashew etc )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of Huel - Vanilla
1.Place all your ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. (if no blender is available you can use a whisk)
2. Turn on your Hob to a medium/high heat and add a small amount of oil to your pan.
3. pour a small amount of your mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown on the underside.
4. Flip your pancake with a spatula and cook again until golden brown.
5. serve with your favourite toppings
- 300g whole wheat flour
- 100g regular oats
- 2 eggs
- 600ml milk
- 1 scoop protein (of your choice)
1. Place all your ingrediants into a large mixing bowel and whisk until smooth and not lumpy. (add more flour or milk for consistency)
2. Add a small amount of oil to your pan. Add a small amount of mixture to the pan and tilt to more the mix around the pan.
3. Cook until golden brown. Use a spatula to flip the crepe and cook the other side until golden brown.
4. Serve savoury or sweet with your favoutite toppings.